Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thanks Aditya Chopra

Yes, Thanks for making Hum Tum & Neal n Nikki. I don’t know what I would have done without these two movies. My 1 ½ year old daughter is so hooked on these 2 movies that I can’t even think of feeding her without Neal n Nikki and forget about entertaining her without Hum Tum.

I always have Neal n Nikki in the kitchen VCR & Hum Tum dvd ready in the living room cuz you never know when my son & daughter start fighting over something and I have an emergency to find something quickly to distract someone.

Hum Tum sets her moods even before the dvd starts. As soon as she see the cute cartoon boy image on the screen (whom she call by my son’s name), I can see smile on her face and in her eyes. She watches Hum Tum at least 2 times a day till the “chuck de” song then we have to start over again.

And beside all the bad reviews, so much bashing & regardless of the vulgarities, I actually like Neal n Nikki. I think it is different & very entertaining but I wish Tanisha would have worn some cloths. Thanks to our daughter, we have seen Neal n Nikki for about 200 times already (yes, they are watching way too much tv) but not even once we felt bored. No matter what we are doing in kitchen, cooking or eating Or If I need 5 minutes to go to bathroom or make some calls, Neal n Nikki is my savior.. At this age my kids don’t care about the cloths and the sex views they presented in the movie but they love all the songs & laugh when Nikki talks in her screeching voice. Now my daughter calls for Trish 2 minutes before his appearance in the movie & start saying “gana, gana” minutes before the song starts.

Who knew Aditya Chopra could please this young crowd too but they succeeded in their effort to please everyone (at least in my house).

I try to put their other favourite movies like Ganesha, Hanuman, Barney, Teletubbies and other kiddy movies but they all keep her entertained for few minutes only and she starts crying for Nikki. Only these 2 movies let me cook and do things peacefully without any interruption. Now the thing is that since Neal n Nikki is my daughter’s top choice movie I might have to keep an extra eye on her during her teen age years to make sure of things & her making right choices.