Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 14, 2006

Sharing


Yesterday kids were not in the mood for nap so we decided to bribe them telling if they will sleep they will get Ice-Cream or Popsicle in the evening. I asked my son what he would like to eat later. After few seconds of thinking he decided on having Ice-Cream and I said

OK you can have Ice-Cream later and I will give Popsicle to DD.

Then I thought it was a moment when I can have a little talk with him about choosing something & be happy about it instead of crying for what DD is having and copying her.

You won’t cry if I give her the Popsicle?

No, I want the Popsicle, mamma.

Ok, YOU can have Popsicle & she will eat Ice-Cream.

No, I want to eat Ice-Cream.

Ok then she will eat Popsicle but you can’t ask for it after eating Ice-Cream, OK.

Ok mamma..

Mamma, we can share too na.. Share kar ke Khate hain. Mein thodi si Ice-Cream Kha loonga or phir usko de doonga aur woh mujhe thodi si popsicle de degi.
(We should share. I will eat some Ice-Cream then I will give her the rest & she will give me some of her Popsicle.)

Hubby & I looked each other cuz we didn’t know what to say now.. Maybe we should’ve taught him the “Sharing” lesson after he could learn to choose something & be happy about it but he sure made us speechless.

No comments: