Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bye-Bye School

Since September A is been suffering from cold & cough.. In last 3 years we never had to go to doc for any winter issues but this time we already went 3 times for each kid.. This season is first time for the antibiotics, that too two times already.. Then I got sick too.. Same virus as kids.. So I decided to keep him home for winter cuz its really hard to take care of 2 sick kids at the same time..

We talk to his school director about leaving and the next day we got call from the high school of our area about an opening in their school program for 3 year old kids.. This is a program by our city’s board of education in the high school where they teach high school kids to take care of kids under the supervision of a teacher. We came to know about this program few months back but by then they were already full. Still I put his name in the waiting list even though the director said its of no use..

So after receiving the call from the director we went to check out everything.. It nothing compares to his old school but we were going to leave that school anyway so it sounds good for some proper school activities like circle time & socialization issue with other kids. And now he won’t be missing out any school stuff.

Since he goes to afternoon session from 12:25-2:25, he gets to sleep cozy till late in the morning:-). And the teacher student ratio is 1:1 and sometimes 2:1… Really, there are as many student-teachers as kids.. First day we went there, we saw a kid crying and there were 3 girls trying to make that little girl feel better.. It was nice to see that..

So now these days we get up, have breakfast, play a little while & leave for school.. I come home, have lunch with Gudiya & we are off to pick him up.. By the time A takes shower & eat lunch, it is already 4. Mornings are easy but rest of the day is hectic.. A is enjoying this school too but had few issues in the beginning, like “Mamma, there is only one bathroom in this school”, “Mamma, there are so many teachers in this school” , “they are all babies in my class”(Since this is for 3 years old kids so some are 3 & few are 31/2 & up, not like his other school where everyone was almost same age).

Anyways, today was his 4th day here & he is all happy.. He didn’t want to stay there on Saturday so we spent ½ hr. that day & left. His teacher asked me to leave him there that day but I didn’t want him to cry so she asked me “So, he won’t cry on Monday?” “No, he won’t.. I hope :-)” And guess what he didn’t cry on Monday.. yayyyy:-) When I went to pick him up she said “He totally blend in:-) Other kids are here since Oct beside 1 girl who cry every day but he was just great":-) I am so proud of A:-)

9 comments:

Kalpana said...

Good that he is trying to be independent.

FH said...

He is only 4!!I thought he is in elementary school.Good for him he is adjusting great.My kids always loved school from day one to this day:)Thank god for that bcos I see some kids struggle everyday to go to school.Enjoy.

Anusha said...

nice to see him adjusted so quickly - compare that to the transition a few months back!! i guess this is best of both worlds for you - some school minus the sickness! so, will he be going back to the old place once winter is thru?

the mad momma said...

Hey Mommy of 2.. just read your comment on artnavy's page about your c-sections. do you have birth stories that I could link up to? This is where I would like to use them.

http://themadmomma.blogspot.com/2006/11/cesarean-trauma.html

or would you mind writing a post on the birth stories that I could use? do mail me at themadmomma@gmail.com if you do decide to...
thanks!

Itchingtowrite said...

great he has adjusted

mommyof2 said...

kalpana: yeah:-)

Asha: He will be 4 in April:-)I thank God for that too otherwise its very hard for us at homed thinking aout oiur ids crying:-)

@: Well we are keeping the option open so lets see
:-) I guess as long as this program is there, he won't go to the other school then afterwards he might go there for few months before starting real school..

Mad Momma: Thanks for asking.. I will do it but give me few days.. Gudiya is still sick so not lot of compu time & I will see if I can find my birth story that I wrote at that time..

i2w: yeah, thank God:-)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

A new school can take time getting used to...

The teacher ratio is fantastic....its best that the kid gets lot of personal attention

Keshi said...

good to see him adjusting :)

Keshi.

Artnavy said...

Bravo A. Good to hear that there are many teachers. More attention is always better.. at any age:-)